Monday, July 06, 2009

a rant

ok.... this will be quick. I've ranted to andrew about this numerous times. A friend of the family, whom I am friends with on facebook, changes her status about 10 times a day, usually ending her quote with "...trust in the greater plan." I'm at the point where i cant take it any more. There is no greater plan. WYSIWYG. What you see is what you get. Sure, i've been extra nihilistic recently, but even so, i can't 'trust that everything happens for a reason and everything will work out in time.' nope. just doesn't happen that way. things work out or they don't. some people are luckier than others. there is no destiny. there is no greater plan.

mom's watching touched by an angel and this show makes me want to dig my eyes out.

ok. enough ranting.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

The key to life is just putting one foot in front of the other. Trust in the greater plan.

Andrew said...

Oh wow. I just went back and read her most recent ones. They're way worse than I even remember.

erin said...

dude my mom used to watch that show. and i feel the same way you do. ugh.

Looking for Light said...

I don't think I'm friends with this person. Who is it? Why do you let mom watch such trash? Andrew and I always had control of the remote.